Friday, July 22, 2005

Club DV8




Club DV8 at Passive Arts July 9th. It's taken me a while to get any photos up at all, as I've been really busy. I'm only going to post these three here, and will most likely do a DV8 gallery on my website in the near future. The July DV8 was our second one, and it was a lot of fun. Once again, we had the lovely burlesque dancer Belle Morte-Baudelaire on the stage, DJ L playing amazing music all night, and play going on in pretty much all the rooms.

Mistress Erszebet did a cutting on Phoenix which was incredible. She cut an Egyptian cartouche into her back with a scalpel. Ouch! Nikita, Raiden, and other members of the Fire Conclave danced with fire swords in the main room to Prodigy's Firestarter. Yeah, it was hot.

Sal worked on me with various floggers - that white one in the photo is made of rubber so you can just imagine how much that stings! He used a single tail (bull whip) on me as well. Pretty hardcore. The single tail stings like you wouldn't believe - really intense pain for like 3-5 seconds, then the intensity seems to drop by 50%, but the sting lingers for a good minute or so - or until the next crack of the whip, when it starts all over again! Seems that night's performance earned me the reputation of being somewhat of a badass. Hmm.

The next DV8 is Saturday, August 13th. I can't wait!