Thursday, May 5, 2005

Hollywood Babylon

Ok, forget yesterday's whining. Wrote a letter to Kenneth Anger last week proposing an idea for a film location. Today I got a reply. He wants to go to lunch. I'm intimidated as all hell. He's not exactly a nice man. I complimented him on his films in my letter & his response was that he doesn't like "fans", "so - cool it"! Me & my schemes. Did I watch too much I Love Lucy as a child or something? Good lord, what have I gotten myself into now. He'd better not make me cry...

www.ladyalchemy.com

Comments:

What the hell are you getting yourself into NOW? Why are you asking about film locations?
Posted by: Mr. Jenkins May 04, 2005 at 05:53 PM

Um, lunch with Kenneth Anger, apparently. LOL.
Posted by: Alchemy May 04, 2005 at 11:44 PM

Okay I'll bite... Who's Kenneth Anger? And should I be ashamed of myself?
Posted by: King Cack May 05, 2005 at 09:35 AM

He's a bit obscure, but definitely a genius. He wrote Hollywood Babylon about movie stars & their no so glamorous lives (and deaths), a book so scandalous that US publishers refused to put it out & he had to get it published in Europe. He's mainly a film maker though, and his films include Scorpio Rising and Inauguration of the Pleasure Dome. Known for surrealistic imagery, homo eroticism, and fast cuts (his work inspired the look of music videos). Mick Jagger & Marianne Faithful were in some - or at least one - of his early films. He's also an expert on Aleister Crowley. He's been making films since the age of 17 & he's now in his late 70's.
Posted by: Alchemy May 05, 2005 at 10:31 PM