Wednesday, October 5, 2005

NIN & QOTSA at the Bowl

Received a last minute invite to see Queens of the Stone Age & Nine Inch Nails at the Hollywood Bowl Saturday night - I can't thank you enough, Peggy! First time going to the Bowl. It's huge! This was my third time seeing QOTSA & although they were great as always, I prefer seeing them in a smaller venue.

NIN. Oh. My. God. Amazing. My second (or was it third?) time seeing Trent & co. and they did not disappoint. Some new songs, some old, and high energy the entire set. One moment that stands out was the beginning of Hurt, when chills started on my legs, arms, up my spine, over my shoulders, up my neck, and ran right to the back of my head. Incredible. It was strange seeing Trent with a shaved head and all those muscles, though.

We went to eat at Mel's afterwards & I missed a phone call that would have led me to the after-party. Sigh. I can't complain. It was an incredibly fun night out with a friend I hadn't seen in a long time.

www.ladyalchemy.com