Sunday, October 30, 2005

Ziggy Played Guitar

Oh my God. I've FINALLY seen Bauhaus! Walked into the floor section of the Wiltern just as they hit the stage (who cares about the opening band when you're seeing fucking Bauhaus?), and had goosebumps within the first 30 seconds of hearing Peter Murphy's voice. WOW. Absolutely incredible show. If it's possible to fall into subspace through only listening to music, then I was there. Entranced. They closed with Ziggy Stardust & the entire audience sang along.

Changed website servers yesterday & noticed there are several pictures missing from my site. I'll fix those over the next few days. New host has given me a lot of tools for tracking hits & so on. I really need to start promoting my site, my paintings, my photographs, and myself. Hmm, where to begin. I've got 2 photo shoots in the works & an offer to do another video for a rock band. Not letting the cat out of the bag on this one until it's finalized.

Ran around like a maniac yesterday before the concert. Cleaned my car & picked up the remainder of my Halloween costume. Cute little black patent leather Mary Janes, white ankle socks with lace trim, white button down shirt, and a baby pink zipper hoodie sweater from the little girls department of Target. Yes, I'm twisted. But hey, it fits me. I'm going to be a schoolgirl victim of the Carver. Due to slow Tuesday night traffic at Passive Arts, we've all become Nip/Tuck addicts. Sal's got his mask & black outfit. Carve away, baby. We're performing at Hex on Hollywood Blvd. tomorrow night. Should be fun.

www.hexhollywood.com

My guy's going to be a priest. I've loaned him a crucifix complete with skull & crossbones, which is a family heirloom passed from my grandmother to my mom & then to me. Did an online search & found out these date from the 1700's to the mid 1800's, many were made in Germany, and the skull & crossbones symbolize victory over death. Pretty cool. He's hesitant to wear it - afraid of losing it - but I think it will be ok. Shit, I used to wear it all around NYC in the late 80's when I was completely hammered & never lost it. He's got to pick up a white collar & a bible today to complete his costume. Hmm, maybe I should be a schoolboy. :P

Okay, time to get my ass in the shower & go to work. Hopefully it will be busy today because yesterday I wrote out my rent check & spent the rest of my money on Halloween gear. Broke again!

www.ladyalchemy.com