Sunday, October 9, 2005

Ritch & Jody's Wedding

Flew back east to attend the wedding of two dear friends of mine. There was torrential rain all weekend, aside from Sunday, which was the day of the wedding. It was held in a beautiful stone church (c. 1708 and surrounded by a cemetery) called St. Andrews, out on Staten Island, near historic Richmond Town.

The ceremony was just religious enough to keep the priest happy & not religious enough to make Ritch freak out. Michele & I cried. Took a few photos in the church, which I'm in the process of touching up right now. The reception was a lot of fun. They chose a cake which was meant for Halloween, but was a virtual miniature replica of the church & cemetery, so it was perfect. They had the DJ play the Addams Family theme while the cake was cut.

I'm so glad to have flown back & celebrated with them. My only regret was not getting my hands on the matched set of tinsel floggers(!) floating around at the reception.

www.ladyalchemy.com

Comments:

Oh, that's yer only regret? You mean not seeing me again after all these years doesn't compete?
Posted by: Daryle October 27, 2005 at 05:57 PM