Saturday, November 12, 2005

Another Art Show

I'm participating in another group art show next Thursday, at Boardner's off Hollywood Blvd. (home of Bar Sinister). Looking forward to it as it should be a great night with lots of exposure. Still choosing the pieces I'm going to display. Playing around with some sepia toned photos. Might have a combination of photos & paintings this time. Only four or five pieces. Decisions, decisions.

Went to downtown L.A. yesterday for a photo shoot. In the eight months I've lived here, I haven't had any reason to go there at all. Found my way without any problems thanks to Mapquest, but I'll admit I got a little nervous to see half a dozen police cars & a police helicopter surrounding the Federal Building. Great, my first trip to downtown & I'll get blown up. Someone later reminded me that it was Veteran's Day & that's probably why all the cops were out.

Shot some submissive photos with Mistress Kat9. The shoot was a lot of fun & I am beyond jealous of the loft space she is renting. 1200 square feet of warehouse space with high ceilings & daylight if you want it. Of course, in keeping with the dungeon atmosphere, she's got most of her windows covered with heavy drapes. Perfect space to paint, take photos, and basically do all kinds of creative stuff until all hours of the night, with a freight elevator for moving bulky things. I could use a space like that. Beyond my budget though, at least for now. She called this morning & invited me to an open house held there today by some of the artists, but I wasn't able to make it down there. Curious to see the layout of some of the other lofts spaces, so I will definitely go next time.

Bartending tonight at Passive Arts for an event called Goddess Nite. The event is meant to promote women in the arts. Not sure about this one. It could work, provided the women all have particular contacts in mind prior to the event, and that these contacts have been invited and actually show up. Otherwise, I would imagine it to end up being a bunch of women standing around saying look at how wonderful we are. Whatever. I'm going to pick up some cash for bartending. Will bring a few business cards & a few pieces of artwork just in case.

http://www.ladyalchemy.com/