Tuesday, November 8, 2005

Malediction Society

There was an art show at Malediction Society last night. Heard about it at the last minute & was able to participate. The four pieces I brought were ancient & I was hesitant to bring them, but on the other hand putting these old pieces out there may be the best inspiration for creating new work. Can't exhibit the same old pieces at the next show!

Well I'm definitely inspired. I had several compliments about my work, one piece in particular which depicts a wolf in silhouette standing on some rocks & near a tree, howling at a full moon in a deep blue sky. I actually had two people enquire about purchasing it. It was sold & its new home (once it has a nice frame) is the very room where it was displayed Sunday. At the back of the club, it's a small sitting room with beautiful couches and chairs (two high-backed Victorian Gothic revival chairs that are to die for - see the b/w portraits on this post), antique tables, candle sconces, chandeliers, swords on the walls, deep burgundy walls & velvet drapes, and some dark & moody classically rendered paintings. I'm so flattered & can't wait to see the piece on the wall in that amazing room.

Here are some portraits of friends I took that night at Malediction. Erzsebet & Sal, Liam, and Little Bit. Originally in color, but I seem to have a thing for black & white photos lately.

http://www.ladyalchemy.com/




Comments:


The black and white looks good though. I am used to gothic pics being in black and white anyway. You should do sepia too.
And by the way, when did you add a link to my site? I love you!
Posted by: Daryle November 09, 2005 at 07:51 PM

Thanks! I've started playing around with sepia toned images - mostly old creepy churches & other run-down architecture.
I've had the link to your site up for quite a while now. Probably a year or more. Love you too!
Posted by: Alchemy November 12, 2005 at 04:37 PM