Tuesday, December 7, 2004

Hollywood Vampires


Excuse me while I go puke. Can this photo be any cuter? I just found it in a box full of old drawings & paintings of mine. Some gig advertising bills were there too - the kind bands would affix to every outdoor flat surface they could find, using a bucket of flour paste & a squeegee. My friends & I used to walk around with box cutters, slicing the ones we wanted off the walls to keep as souvenirs. Came across an L.A. Guns one & GNR at the Limelight, too. I had forgotten all about this photo of me with Phil Lewis, taken at a club in Queens in 1990. My friend left the couch to go to the ladies' room & when she came back he was sitting in her place, handing me a bottle of tequila after just taking a swig himself. The look on my friend's face was PRICELESS! I stood up to take some photos & felt something tugging at the back of my skirt. Look over my shoulder completely confused & Phil's fixing the hem, which must have been wrinkled when I stood up. OMG what a night that was. Us & Jose Cuervo. No, I didn't leave with him - Phil, I mean, not Jose. What is it with these cute British rockers? Anyone know if he's still married? Ok I'm going to shut up now. :P

Going to sort through more stuff in the storage spaces under the roof. Hoping to find my Keith Haring swatch from 1986, as I've just seen an identical one go for $350 on eBay. Not that I would sell mine if it turned up. I'd pop a new battery in it & start wearing it again. Afraid it's long gone, but I'm going to keep looking. Also hunting for my Stephen Spouse red & black leopard print rayon shirt & Sprouse white t-shirt with "God Save NYC" across the front in silver letters. I'm on a mission!

It's been a few hours & I've photographed quite a few of the drawings & paintings I've found, with the intent of adding several galleries to my website. Still in the process of scanning photographs too, and looking forward to putting those galleries up as well. Will not be fully updated until I've moved & settled in on the West Coast, but there will be artistic content on the site soon, I promise!