Sunday, December 19, 2004

Red Panties, Rasta Girls, and Britney

Photo taken just before leaving for John's party. The mirror is one I painted & have had for years. Ritch admired it last time he was over, so tonight I brought it to the party & told him it's his. Combination birthday, Christmas, and general "I'm going to miss you when I move" type gift. We promised he & Jody & I will get together before I leave. Other than that, the next time we'll see each other for sure will be at their wedding October 9th. I'm so happy for them!

The ornament I made for John's tree started off as Medusa but I couldn't find little rubber snakes at the craft store. Settled for curly jute doll hair and ended up with a Rasta girl. She's cute, though.

The party was awesome. Great people, delicious food, and I happened to walk in the door to Fire Woman, followed by the remaining tracks of Pure Cult. John's going to be on VH1 tomorrow. He was interviewed at his tattoo studio regarding musicians & actors with tattoos, and talked about some really cool ones who have had work done at his shop, like Angelina Jolie. Poor John doesn't find this out until much later, but it's a special show all about Britney Spears. Guess we won't hear Angelina's name mentioned, huh. Can't wait to see how out of context & butchered his interview footage is. Gotta love the fucking media. John Paras at Medusa Tattoo: http://www.medusanyc.com/.

A girl at the party tonight gave me a pair of red panties & explained that it's an old Italian tradition that you must wear red panties on New Year's Eve to ward off the Evil Eye, and you cannot buy them yourself - they must be given to you. Interesting. I'm kind of expecting some evil looks directed my way that evening, so I was very thankful. I asked her if tradition says I have to remove them myself & she laughed & said no, so I'm all for this red panties idea. Now if I can just figure out the rest of the outfit I'll be set.

Continued working in the house today. Painted & cleaned. Called California & spoke to my mom. She turned 80 today (Dec. 18th - it's late now so this will say Dec. 19th). I was told the phone rang off the hook today with people calling to wish her well. I'm glad. She deserves that. I'll be happy to see her next week. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM! I love you.

http://www.ladyalchemy.com/