Saturday, December 11, 2004

Legion of Boom


Still sifting through family photos & this one just made me laugh out loud, so I figured I'd post it. This is my mom & her baby sister Kathy. My Aunt Kathy is a sweetheart & I can't imagine what would have made her so mad. The look on her face is priceless. I love her. She's becoming more of a second mom to me every day, now that my mom is sick.

Bought The Crystal Method's Legion of Boom yesterday & am completely obsessed with it. Born Too Slow still overshadows the other tracks by far, but I haven't listened to the cd enough times for the other tracks to grow on me yet. Love the video, too. Only one complaint. I play the thing full blast & the silence afterwards is rudely interrupted by that blaring 4 seconds of noise at the end which makes me jump out of my skin. Fuck, that's annoying!

I've been scanning photos for hours. Not a very exciting day. Did some laundry. Daryle came over & picked up a mattress, box spring, and a set of dishes for his new apartment . All stuff I'm not bringing to CA with me. Someone came over to look at the headboard I had advertised on Craig's List. In case you've ever wondered if a full-size headboard will fit in a Tercel, the answer is no. Poor girl drove all the way from Queens, too. She's going to try to borrow a truck.

Camp Freddy Radio has become part of my Saturday night routine. Dave & Billy were still in the studio 40 minutes after their show ended. I hadn't yet switched from the Indie 103.1 site back to Legion of Boom, and they come on the air asking people to call in & pretend it's Christmas. LOL! I was tempted, but nah. I figure if I'm not flirty they'll hang up on me, and if I am flirty I'll get myself in trouble.