Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Getting Out of Here

Ok, it's been 5 full days with the family & I've had enough. Leaving at 4pm today to head off to Hollywood & take care of some business over the next few days. Not a moment too soon. See, they're trying to trap me in a power struggle now, my mom & my sister-in-law. Mom is not happy with having the rules of someone else's house imposed on her, and my sister-in-law is beside herself that she cooks & cleans & cares for Mom 24/7, yet receives very little appreciation in return. They are each trying to paint a picture of the other as the bad guy, and seeking my support. What they don't seem to realize is that because I love & support them both, I refuse to see the situation in terms of black & white, 100% right or wrong. They both need to learn to compromise. I will not be put in a position of mothering them. This alternate clinging to me & then taking shots at me when I don't totally agree does nothing but piss me off. I refuse to carry the guilt they're trying to throw at me. It's too damn heavy & doesn't help anyone. Ugh. My head is starting to hurt. Things will work themselves out I'm sure, but I really need to get out of here so they can start dealing with each other instead of running to me. Sort it out. I will help when & where I can, but I will not be the family's martyr & mediator. It's not healthy & it's certainly not my purpose in life.

On a lighter note, I'm leaving in 2 1/2 hours to go apartment hunting! WOOO HOOO!!! :D

www.ladyalchemy.com