Saturday, November 13, 2004

The Girl with the Curls

Photo shoot with my friend Penny went pretty well today. We got off to a late start (as usual). We're both to blame (as usual). We always arrange to call each other around 10am & then somehow don't get on the road for the shoot until 3pm. How that happens is beyond me. Actually, there is a reasonable explanation. It's called massive prep time. You've got to plan the goal of your shoot, choose your location, mapquest it, check the weather, dress appropriately, do hair & makeup, gather all your props together & grab all the cameras & gear. We need extra prep time because it's just the two of us - no makeup artist, hair stylist, wardrobe stylist, or photo assistant. Today I had trouble getting out the door as I took time to curl my hair for the first time since I was probably, like, 15 or so. Then I couldn't figure out what to wear. We've already done the black velvet goth thing a few times & it's not like we have free access to new clothes or anything. There's an idea for someone - start a photo shoot wardrobe swap program. All my new cute clothes are summery & now I'm fucking stuck here for another winter. Bleh.
**do I call in to Camp Freddy Radio right now? They're looking for sex stories. Sorry, momentary distraction**

Aside from the 43 degree weather, the photo shoot was fun. We went to location with an open stone building with circular cut-outs on two sides. I sat in the circle & looked around & tried not to make the "something smells bad" face I seem to make all the time when Penny's trying to photograph me. Thing is, I don't know that I'm doing it until she tells me, and since I don't know I'm doing it, I'm not sure how to fix it. I probably need plastic surgery or something. I also occupied myself by trying to hide the band aid on my hand. One of my New Year's Resolutions is going to be to stop doing things that make my hands bleed. This time it's from cleaning out the gutters. Someday I will let myself be a girl.

Penny made me climb a tree today. She predicted I would write that, so I had to. It was actually fun & I'm happy that I didn't fall. We ran out of daylight so we're going back tomorrow morning - 10am, right?! - to take some more photos of me in the tree.

Took these self portraits as soon as I got home from the shoot with Penny. These are just me fucking around. I had to get some shots of the curls. They're such a novelty for me. I think I like them. Love the shot all the way to the right (as you look at the monitor), second row down. Not flattering at all, but so psycho looking I had to keep it! LOL.