Sunday, November 21, 2004

Waving the White Flag


To me, there's something very soothing about this photo. Soothing is good. I'm waving the white flag & calling a realtor Monday. I've had enough. I tried, but I cannot save this house just like I cannot save my mother. She of all people understands how hard this is for me, to give up the home my father & grandfathers built, that time & the elements are now tearing down. I cried to her tonight on the phone. She was lucid & comforting & I'm grateful for that. She doesn't have many lucid days anymore.

Promise the blog won't be all depression & sorrow. It's just this is a very difficult time for me & I'm not going to pretend the sun is shining brightly in my world right now. There are opportunities though. I know that. Just have to keep thinking of warm weather & sunny skies. Sweet home California soon enough...