Thursday, November 25, 2004

Next Motherfucker's Gonna Get My Metal


The Marilyn Manson show was a blast. Got really close to the stage which surprised me given the enormous line that snaked through the parking lot when we arrived. Starland is a small venue so I'm not sure where they all went once they got in - underground dungeon, maybe? Was glad to hear Lunchbox & a bunch of other songs I haven't heard - shit, was just glad to hear & see Manson again. It was fun. Opening band, Slunt, from NYC were good & reminiscent of the Cycle Sluts from Hell. The crowd took a little while to react, but by the end of their set the kids seemed to have warmed to them a bit.

Despite the small venue, Manson's stage show was still very theatrical & suitably spooky. Spookier to me, though, was the Alexander McQueen ladies blouse he had on (I've considered buying the same one - how embarrassing!) & the fact that it covered a paunch! What's happening to these rock stars, even Manson's getting fat! Mind you, I did indeed eat a Swiss & Mushroom Cheeseburger & Seasoned Fries at Denny's at 1am (see incriminating photo above), cancelled my Jenny Craig appointment today, and intend on taking full advantage of the Thanksgiving spread at Aunt Kathy's house tomorrow, thankyouverymuch.

At Denny's I found myself wondering if Manson ever steps off the tour bus in full makeup & walks into places like, oh, I don't know, McDonald's at a Wisconsin rest stop, just for the hell of it. Better yet, a public library in Kansas. I dunno. At 1am in the Denny's it was funny to me, because I was picturing him walking in at that moment & imagining filming or photographing peoples' reactions.

Anyhow, we had a great time and Jenna's dad tells me that despite getting home at 2:30am on a school night, she was actually bright-eyed & cheerful this morning - and out the door early for school. Ah, the power of a concert high.

On the agenda for tonight - SLEEP. My eyelids are heavy now. If the second wind doesn't hit me soon, it's going to be an early one. If it does hit - which it probably will - I'm scanning photos. Tedious, tedious work but well worth it to have everything archived & organized.

Comments:

hey Cack! it's this motherfucker's gonna get my middle! Cack ! LOL
Posted by: DJ Deadboy December 05, 2004 at 09:44 PM

Excuse me. How dare you make me question my accuracy. I'm right, dammit! He's armed with a metal lunchbox, get it? CACK! :P
MARILYN MANSON LYRICS
"Lunchbox"
on we plow
the big bully try to stick his finger in my chest
try to tell me, tell me he's the best
but i don't really give a good goddamn cause
i got my lunchbox and i'm armed real well
i got my lunchbox and i'm armed real well
i got my lunchbox and i'm armed real well
i wanna grow upi wanna be a big rock and roll star
i wanna grow upso no one fucks with me
i got the pencils in my pocket, try to put me down
wanna go out, gotta get out
to the playground, gonna throw down at the playground
i wanna go out
next motherfucker gonna get my metal
next motherfucker gonna get my metal
next motherfucker gonna get my metal
next motherfucker
pow pow pow, pow pow pow,
pow pow pow, pow pow pow
i wanna grow up
i wanna be a big rock and roll star
i wanna grow up
so no one fucks with me
Posted by: Alchemy December 06, 2004 at 04:31 PM