Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Welcome to My Nightmare


As promised, here it is. The garage wall from hell. Called the realtor today & he gave me a quick courtesy call back & will follow up tomorrow. Do I see light at the end of the tunnel? Will beat the crap out of the daylight I'm seeing from the inside of the garage lately.

My brother got stuck for 2 hours on a California freeway last night - closure due to a snow storm - while I sat at home in NJ in fairly warm temperatures. Huh. Nice switch from the norm at this time of year, which would be me pitching a snow shovel into a 5-foot drift in sheer frustration, silently cursing my brothers for having the gaul to live in warm climates. Must remember to drop lots of Donner Party references when he & I make our trek out West together in the U-Haul with all my worldly possessions in tow. This trip is going to be hilarious & must be documented.

Taking my friend John's daughter Jenna to see Marilyn Manson tomorrow night. Dug through the piles of black t-shirts in the dresser & found 2 Manson shirts - one has Manson's face with a light over it that looks like a halo & the other says 'everlasting cocksucker' in pink glitter. Haven't made the choice yet. If the glitter tee wins, I just hope nothing transpires that will require me to have to meet Jenna's mom.

Didn't do a single creative thing today, aside from thinking up all kinds of new uses for my left arm, as I seem to have broken the right one yesterday via overly vigorous house-painting. You know it's bad when you've just cleaned the 20 pounds of loose change out of your purse & it still hurts to lift it. So glad I don't drive a stick. I hope I don't need my arm tomorrow at the Manson show. Maybe he'll have a prosthetic one I can borrow until mine heals.