Tuesday, March 15, 2005

Fashion Week

It's Fashion Week in L.A. & last night I attended a couple of runway shows at the Pacific Design Center. It was a lot of fun & the scene looks a lot different up close as opposed to seeing it on tv or in magazines. Backstage was an amazing flurry of activity involving lots of makeup brushes, hairspray, gorgeous models, shoes everywhere, bags of swag, and endless racks of clothing. Photographing the models was a nice change of pace for me & similar in some ways to shooting musicians on a stage. Fingers crossed that I get to go to more fashion shows this week. I could get used to this real fast.

After the shows, a friend & I went to a lesbian bar to see if we could get part time work. I hate to say it, but I found out something about myself last night. I don't want to work in a place where I have to look at unattactive people all the time. I know that sounds terrible, but the women coming out of that place were downright scary. Like absolutely no makeup, no sense of clothing or hair styles, and the kicker was the lady who walked in dragging an oxygen tank behind her. Sorry, but no. We moved on. Now if the clientele looked anything like the women pictured above, it would be a different story entirely!

Off to make some phone calls - the moving truck broke down in the Midwest & STILL has not arrived! Mapping out a game plan of barhopping for the next few nights. I've got to find some bartending work right away, as it doesn't look like recouping my expenses from the sale of the house is going to be an easy task.

http://www.ladyalchemy.com/

Comments:

OMG I just saw myself on Wire Image.
Posted by: Alchemy March 15, 2005 at 12:37 PM

What The hell is wire image? And thank you, so much, for leaving the boob visible.
Posted by: King Cack March 17, 2005 at 07:13 PM

You're so very welcome. Wire Image is an online stock photo agency that shoots all kinds of events. I saw myself in the background of some of the shots of that fashion show the other night.
Posted by: Alchemy March 18, 2005 at 10:46 PM

Boob girl...Is that my future wife Helena Christensen?
Posted by: Daryle March 19, 2005 at 04:01 PM

Erm...could be? I'm not up on my models.
Posted by: Alchemy March 20, 2005 at 02:06 AM